Doing business with governments – winning opportunities, negotiating successfully, and delivering profitability – is an art and a science. At a time of unprecedented government intervention, it has never been more important to ensure effective engagement, whether to win new contracts or secure investments, grants, or loans. You know how to succeed in the United States. In this webinar, we want to equip you to navigate the UK government environment by:
- Highlighting similarities and differences between the UK and U.S. regulatory, procurement, and political systems.
- Giving you insights into how the UK government thinks and behaves.
- Helping you understand the tools available to you to succeed.
Led by lawyers from both our UK and U.S. offices, we will cover:
- The legal and policy environment.
- How to gather intelligence and build credibility within UK government.
- How to stick by the rules and win.
- How to negotiate with UK government at speed and under pressure.
- Lessons learned from complex projects.
We would be delighted if you could join this interactive session focused on helping in-house counsel in U.S. businesses navigate the intricate network of UK government institutions, policies, and processes crucial for doing business successfully.
To register, please click here.
Date: 1 July 2020
Time : 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. EDT | 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. BST
Moderator: Michael J. Vernick, Head of the Government Contracts practice, Washington, D.C.
- Charles Brasted, Head of Public Law and Policy, London
- Jeremy Brittenden, Partner, Infrastructure, Energy, Resources, and Projects, London
- Ciara Kennedy-Loest, Head of Public Procurement in the United Kingdom, London
- Peter Watts, Head of Commercial, London
- Robert Gardener, Director of Government Affairs and former No 10 Downing Street official, London