There have been busy days in Brussels regarding the shaping of tomorrow’s copyright law in Europe. It took the Commission ten months to follow-up on its first package of copyright legislation released last December, with a second set of draft regulations and directives published on 14 September 2016.
The second legislative package truly touches upon almost everything that is hot in today’s copyright regime. Broader access to digital content, data mining, publishers’ rights in the context of a fair share of value, licensing hubs, online transmissions and retransmissions of television and radio programs, or mandatory exemptions to copyright are only a few examples reflecting the breadth and depth of the anticipated reform which the Commission is expediting under its bold leitmotif “Towards a modern, more European copyright framework”. It is fair to say that we are facing the most comprehensive revision of the European copyright environment in twenty years.
Join us on Friday 23 September, at 2:00 pm (BST) for a webinar where we will give you an overview of the anticipated reform, highlighting the most significant changes proposed by the Commission and who this affects. Our findings will be put into the broader context of the Digital Single Market strategy. We also look at the industry impact the new legislation will have in today’s digital world.
Topics will include:
- The general Communication “Promoting a fair, efficient and competitive European copyright-based economy in the Digital Single Market”
- The draft for a Regulation laying down rules on the exercise of copyright and related rights applicable to certain online transmissions of broadcasting organisations and retransmissions of television and radio programmes
- The draft for a Directive on copyright in the Digital Single Market
- The Commission’s Impact Assessment
- The draft for the Regulation and the Directive implementing the Marrakesh-Treaty
We hope you can join us.
Click here to register your attendance.
You can watch this webinar via your desktop web browser or by using an Android or iOS tablet or phone. Audio will be streamed via your device so please ensure you have headphones or speakers connected.
To save this invite to your calendar please click here